Start Making a Difference Now
Volunteer with the Falls Church City Democrats to . . .
Connect with voters
The best way to reach voters in our community may be through direct conversations with voters, registering new voters, distributing literature during critical campaign times, or providing rides to the polls.
- Work with local democrats to connect with current and future voters. Canvassing, phone banking, texting, literature distribution, and postcard writing are critical to achieving election gains. With these activities, we can engage in meaningful conversation with voters about key issues, introduce voters to our candidates, and provide valuable voting information.
- Voter registration drives help to reach those who are first-time voters or new to the area.
- Metro Action is fun and easy. In coordination with Arlington, there are many opportunities to talk with voters, and you decide when, where, and how long to volunteer. What you will do: Stand near a Metro exit with a clipboard and a sign encouraging commuters to register to vote, update their address, or take part in primary and general elections. This is an important way to reach potential votes and bring in new volunteers to support our work.
- Poll Greeters are essential to a democratic win across the ballot! Why? By law, local candidates are not identified by party affiliation on the ballot. We must ensure that all democrats who show up to vote for our amazing congressional candidates also know about hour terrific City Council and School Board candidates.
- Did you know that Falls Church City Democrats provide rides to the polls every election for those in need, free of charge? You can help with this necessary service, either with coordination or by driving.
- Help staff the Falls Church City Democrats Booth at City Fairs, Parades, and our popular Farmers Market. From registering voters to providing critical candidate/voting information, these are great opportunities to connect with voters and reach out to the community. These are a fun activities with lots of great voter engagement!
- Make a difference by engaging our local businesses, community-development groups, or our unions and working families on the issues that matter to them most. We need volunteers to help Falls Church Dems stay connected with these key stakeholders by building sustainable relationships with one or several of these groups to keep us informed on their views and needs. Interested? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll get back to you asap!
- Building Ambassadors work within building rules to help us reach residents in Falls Church’s high-rise apartments and condos, which are often locked to non-residents. Building ambassadors organize activities that are best for their buildings such as voter-registration events (in the lobby), displaying non-partisan signs about voting dates and locations, and hosting watch parties, etc. Please email us at email@example.com, and we'll get back to you asap!
Do Good with Active, Like-Minded Volunteers
- The Falls Church City Young Democrats are a group of progressive and liberal individuals under the age of 35 who provide an inclusive, growing an empowering forum for all community members. Contact Andrew Dolan here.