Voting Dates & Deadlines
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some voter-access information has changed. Under Governor Northam's leadership, the Commonwealth has created a new Voter Information Website containing up-to-date information to help you:
- Find out if you are registered to vote.
- Register to vote.
- Apply to vote absentee.
- Find the dates of upcoming primary and general elections in Virginia.
- Locate a listing of the names and party affiliations of candidates for each election.
On the 2020 ballot in Falls Church City will be Democratic candidates for:
- President of the United States - Joe Biden
- The U.S. Senate - Mark Warner
- The U.S. House of Representatives - Don Beyer
- Special Elections for Two Amendments to the Virginia Constitution
- Special Election for one City Council Seat (Information for Potential Candidates is available on the City of Falls Church website)
The deadline to Register to Vote or to Update an Existing Registration is Tuesday, October 13, by 5 p.m. for in-person registration and by 11:59 p.m. for online registration. By-mail voter registration applications must be postmarked no later than October 13, 2020.
The deadline to request an Absentee Ballot (Vote by Mail) from the Falls Church Registrar of Voters is Friday, October 23, 2020, by 5:00 p.m.
Ballots, if mailed, must be postmarked by Tuesday, November 3, AND be in our office no later than noon on Friday, November 6, to be counted.
You may also request an Absentee Ballot (Vote by Mail) by appearing in person at the office of the Falls Church City Voter Registration Office by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 31, 2020.
Register to Vote or apply for an Absentee Ballot online using the citizen portal.